ReportPro 3.60 for XSharp 2.60 memory exception

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
Michal Rajnoha

Re: ReportPro 3.60 for XSharp 2.60 memory exception

Post by Michal Rajnoha »

Chris wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:33 am Hi Michal,

Thanks for the very good sample, but unfortunately I could not reproduce the problem here, all 65 pages are always printed ok here. Does the problem happen with any printer driver? Even when selecting a pdf driver, like PDF creator or Microsoft's print to pdf driver from Windows? To be honest that's what I used as well, wanted to avoid wasting 65 pages of paper..
Yes, tried it with both virtual (Microsoft's Print to PDF) and physical printers and the problem occurs regardless of which one is used. What bothers me now is why I can't make it crash in XIDE in Debug mode.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Michal,
Michal Rajnoha wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:46 am
Chris wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:33 am Thanks for the very good sample, but unfortunately I could not reproduce the problem here, all 65 pages are always printed ok here. Does the problem happen with any printer driver? Even when selecting a pdf driver, like PDF creator or Microsoft's print to pdf driver from Windows? To be honest that's what I used as well, wanted to avoid wasting 65 pages of paper..
Yes, tried it with both virtual (Microsoft's Print to PDF) and physical printers and the problem occurs regardless of which one is used. What bothers me now is why I can't make it crash in XIDE in Debug mode.
Memory corruption issues can be like that, when running through the debugger some memory locations may be different, preventing the underlying problem to expose itself. What OS are you using and what is the .Net Framework version installed? Also since I don't have your email address, can you please send me a short email and I will send you a link to a set of slightly newer RP3 files, they might make a difference as we fixed another issue that could be related recently.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Michal Rajnoha

Post by Michal Rajnoha »

Chris wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 am Memory corruption issues can be like that, when running through the debugger some memory locations may be different, preventing the underlying problem to expose itself. What OS are you using and what is the .Net Framework version installed? Also since I don't have your email address, can you please send me a short email and I will send you a link to a set of slightly newer RP3 files, they might make a difference as we fixed another issue that could be related recently.

We tried it on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
2 PCs where X# is installed and 1 with only redistributables. All have the same issue.
The latest version of .NET Framework we use is 4.8.1.

I will send the email soon.