Thanks to the X# developers for their work

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
Jan

Thanks to the X# developers for their work

Post by Jan »

We started our core application with Visual Objects about 15 years ago. It ran many years as a Vulcan.NET application, and now it is running as an X# application. I would like to thank all X# developers and the team for doing a great job.
Kees Bouw

Re: Thanks to the X# developers for their work

Post by Kees Bouw »

That goes for me too. I am converting a big VO application to X# and it often surprises me how well the existing code works in X#, mostly with minimal changes. Of course I have encountered a few problems but then there is always help & support in the forum, especially from Robert and Chris. I really admire everyone working on the X# project for making it possible to run and improve old code in a new environment.

Kees.
Last edited by Kees Bouw on Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

I can only confirm this also for us: X# applications are a really important part of our work now, both new ones and migrated ones, and nearly all of your VO applications are using X# COM libraries to compensate the shortcomings of the old VO platform.
The entire team (even here we see mostly Chris and Robert, but the work in the background of "Mr. Compiler" Nikos and "Mr. Visual Studio" Fabrice are ugually important) are doing really a great work!
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
ArneOrtlinghaus

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

For us it's the same.
Since moving to X# our programs have received a huge amount of new functionality.
The productivity of our programmers has increased a lot and they are more satisfied about their development environment.
It was a long and resource intensive way for the migration. But it was worth doing it!
(If we would have started with the current X#-version instead of with the first versions of Vulcan it would have cost much less, but difficult to look into the future...)
Thanks
Arne
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks a lot for the very nice words guys, this is really appreciated!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu