ReportPro 3 for X#(3.6.0.4) Problems with reports using DBFs

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
Stavros Spanos

Re: ReportPro 3 for X#(3.6.0.4) Problems with reports using DBFs

Post by Stavros Spanos »

Because the DBF's are temporary files for the report need stored in the Workstations Temp folder, while the full WorkDir resides on a Server parh (ex. F:\..)
Also, even ommiting this line, the problem persists (case-2).
Chris wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:48 am Stavro, since your dbfs are in the c:\temp folder, then why are you setting the default data path for the report to another directory with WorkDir()?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Stavro,

So you have the dbfs ALSO in the .exe folder? That's what I understand, otherwise I don't see why you would change the data path to it.

Please give me a little time to have a close look to the second part and will get back to you.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Stavros,
Stavros Spanos wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:10 am Also, even ommiting this line, the problem persists (case-2).
Just to let you know, I'm still looking into this case 2, but still haven't found the root cause of the problem. Is this the only report that is giving this problem, or is it more or less all of them? If it's only say one or two more, can you please send them as well, it might help to see what they have in common.

One thing I noticed in this report, is that there exist many "Print When" conditions using the varaibles lShowCalls, lShowAppointments and lShowActions, but I don't see those declared anywhere. But removing them still doesn't fix the problem, so there must be something else to it.
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Stavros,

I found the problem, it's because of the Seek Expression on the database file of the main section:

nUserId

this should be instead like the ones in the triggered sections, since it uses a string index key:

Str(nUserId,11)

Not sure why the VO version of RP3 does not complain about this..
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
Stavros Spanos

Post by Stavros Spanos »

OK Chris, this is fixed - thanks!
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Stavros,

That's great, you're welcome! Is there any RP3 problem still remaining? Except for the one about the "Header and Footer bands" option being unchecked in some reports that should have it enabled that I'm looking into now.
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu