Search found 93 matches

by Kees Bouw
Mon May 06, 2024 3:36 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: Function AdoDateTimeAsDate()
Replies: 1
Views: 139

Function AdoDateTimeAsDate()

It seems that the function AdoDateTimeAsDate() is not working as it is explained in the Xs2Ado Helpfile. There it says "When set to TRUE, all datetime values from ADO are returned as X# Dates.Time information is lost when using this conversion. When set to FALSE, all DateTime values from Jet ar...
by Kees Bouw
Mon May 06, 2024 9:19 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#
Replies: 43
Views: 2016

Re: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#

Hi Chris, Thank you very much for your advice. I have had many warnings about using unassigned local variables (XS0165) and fixed all these so I thought I would not have that problem anymore. I am not sure if X# also warns about using unassigned class variables or other unassigned variables. Also, y...
by Kees Bouw
Wed May 01, 2024 1:37 pm

Hi all, In the application I am converting to X# I found that in many places it relies on the fact that NULL_STRING is in fact an empty string. In X# however, NULL_STRING seems to be equal to NULL or NIL. In VO NULL_STRING seems to be just "". This behaviour can be simulated in X# by setti...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:16 am

Found it, it is probably String2Symbol("#NULL_DATE") right?
by Kees Bouw
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:00 am

Hi Chris, So I decided to leave the #NULL_DATE and #NULL_NUMBER symbols in the code, but now X# has a problem with #NULL_DATE. I get error XS9002 Parser: unexpected input '#' probably because NULL_DATE is seen as a constant and X# does not understand the # in front of it. Is there a way to use #NULL...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 am

Hi Chris, Thank you again. The thing is, I can't find where #NULL_NUMBER and #NULL_DATE are defined. They are just used without being defined anywhere. Is that possible? If they should be defined somewhere, how can I find it apart from using the standard VO search option which found nothing. I think...
by Kees Bouw
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:11 am

Some more information about the #NULL_NUMBER. In VO there is, for example, the documented value NULL_DATE. This is sometimes used in the VO application as the symbol #NULL_DATE, mostly when the code is related to an SQL query. Likewise #NULL_NUMBER is used, mostly when it is part of an SQL query. Bu...
by Kees Bouw
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:51 pm

Hi Chris, The single line will indeed make it easier. Short question: what does #NULL_NUMBER mean in VO? I have about 20 occurrences and in VO it shows light grey without a tooltip or anything. Also I can't find it in the VO help or the Vo2Ado help. In X# it is not recognised but what should I use t...
by Kees Bouw
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:21 am

Chris,

Thank you for the explanation and also for the previous explanation! The problem exists in at least 137 locations (if I import more code, the number will go up) in the application so it will be a lot of work to modify them all to the workaround but I guess there is no other way...

Kees.
by Kees Bouw
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm

Kees, You cannot have an EXPORT and ASSIGN with the same name. If you rename the EXPORT then the syntax created by the Exporter should work. Robert I have renamed the export, and the syntax SELF:PKey[#AUTNO] seems to work. But, many times the class is inherited by another class and then the syntax ...