Search found 43 matches

by ThomasWYale
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:24 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Evaluate expression dialog no longer works in VO 2.8 SP4b, build 2838
Replies: 0
Views: 3639

Evaluate expression dialog no longer works in VO 2.8 SP4b, build 2838

In anticipation of re-converting my system to X#, I've been developing in VO 2.8 SP4b, build 2838, which is presumably the last version. In any event, it's the version I've been using for years. When I go into debug mode and open the "Evaluate an expression" dialog, the dialog no longer wo...
by ThomasWYale
Sat May 21, 2022 8:53 am
Topic: Problems with reindexing with NTX; record pointer at wrong record
Replies: 9
Views: 1992

Problems with reindexing with NTX; record pointer at wrong record

<t>Robert, thanks to you, I found the reason for the problem! I had SetCollocation(#CLIPPER) only after my dialog I use to reindex the DBF's I use in my app. In that case, the NTX was created with #WINDOWS, which is the default. When I inserted SetCollocation(#CLIPPER) before that dialog comes up, i...
by ThomasWYale
Fri May 20, 2022 10:46 pm

<t>Robert,<br/> I think you may be on to something. My app doesn't use SetCollocation(#WINDOWS) but it does use SetCollocation(#CLIPPER). Perhaps it would be possible that using #CLIPPER as the argument would change the behavior after an OS update. I'll follow up on this and alternate between settin...
by ThomasWYale
Fri May 20, 2022 11:58 am

<r>But I changed nothing in the code. The problem occurred when I edited a field in one record and reindexed, and nothing else was affected. That's why I figured that something changed in my PC environment, more likely my upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, less likely the disk imaging from my old hard dr...
by ThomasWYale
Thu May 19, 2022 11:40 pm

Still didn't go through. I attached the files themselves, and when that didn't work, put them in a zip file and included that. Not sure how to send them to you. Trying it again.
ROOT.zip
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
by ThomasWYale
Thu May 19, 2022 11:37 pm

The files didn't go through. Trying it again.
by ThomasWYale
Thu May 19, 2022 11:35 pm

The dbf and ntx file are attached, and the only lines of code used to index are:

DBUSEAREA(FALSE,"DBFNTX","c:DiscoveryOLDdbfsROOT.dbf")
DBCREATEINDEX("c:DiscoveryOLDdbfsroot1","Literal")
by ThomasWYale
Thu May 19, 2022 12:07 pm

<t>There's no relevant changes to my code, or the DBF tables and associated NTX files they're indexed with, but a few changes to my environment. Within the last few months I used Acronis True Image to copy the contents of my old drive to my new one, as well as install XIDE and VS. At no point during...
by ThomasWYale
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:36 pm
Topic: Opening a DLL
Replies: 18
Views: 2556

Opening a DLL

<r>Franz's last message that he implemented all 3 examples to show code in his test app seems to imply that he was able to access the DLL. I've attempted to install it with directions from here, though it's from 9 years ago.<br/> <br/> <URL url="https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10240029/how-do-i-...
by ThomasWYale
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:59 pm
Topic: Opening a DLL
Replies: 18
Views: 2556

Opening a DLL

<t>I've been struggling for a month and a friend and I have resolved a lot of configuration issues in VS for this web application. The DLL has been generated from an X# project with x86 platform option chosen in the properties.<br/> <br/> The only issue (so far) that remains is that when I try to ca...