Search found 90 matches

by OhioJoe
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:01 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: XIDE Adventure
Replies: 4
Views: 2145

Re: XIDE Adventure

Thank you both. It is a console app that I'm using to test some basic SQL routines.

Karl: That box is checked.

Wolfgang: I'll try to write an error handler based on the example you provided.

The adventure continues!
by OhioJoe
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:22 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: XIDE Adventure
Replies: 4
Views: 2145

XIDE Adventure

When I run a test application in XIDE it shows a black error screen that quickly disappears.
How can I capture that error?
Is it saved somewhere? Is there a setting I've missed?
by OhioJoe
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:02 pm
Forum: Pearls
Topic: SQL Test app
Replies: 5
Views: 3977

Re: SQL Test app

Thank you once again, everyone. This code compiles and works: LOCAL cDB AS STRING LOCAL oConnection AS SQLConnection LOCAL oStatement AS SQLStatement LOCAL cStatement AS STRING * trying to open an SQLite3 database * here is the ODBC driver: * http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/ // open everything cD...
by OhioJoe
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:12 pm

Re: SQL Test app

Thank you, Wolfgang, but I got the same result.
Here's a zip file with the project and the db in case anyone wishes to try.
by OhioJoe
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:03 pm

SQL Test app

Trying to set up a basic SQL test app. Using SQLite3 ODBC. Here is the code and the compile errors. Thanks in advance for any help. VO Dialect has been selected. FUNCTION Start( ) AS VOID LOCAL cDB AS STRING LOCAL oConnection AS SQLConnection LOCAL oStatement AS SQLStatement LOCAL cStatement AS STRI...
by OhioJoe
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:39 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: Best way to use Microsoft SQL database in X#
Replies: 23
Views: 4818

Re: Best way to use Microsoft SQL database in X#

Wolfgang, Yesterday Chris Pyrgas talked me into leaving VO and I decided to take his advice. So if you grow weary of logging onto this forum every morning only to see another dumb question from me, blame it on our friend Chris. :) I tested the following libraries in a VO-exported application: XSharp...
by OhioJoe
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:54 pm
Forum: Deutsches Forum
Topic: Migration xBase-Datenbanken zu SQL
Views: 5101

Re: Migration xBase-Datenbanken zu SQL

I wrote this many years ago. Never fully implemented because I couldn't get everything to work in VO.

https://joecurran.net/advice/dbf_to_sqlite.htm

My strategy was to move the DBFs to a text/csv format and then import into the SQL flavor of your choice.
by OhioJoe
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:44 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: Best way to use Microsoft SQL database in X#
Views: 4818

Re: Best way to use Microsoft SQL database in X#

Another possibility would the to use the XSQL classes. They are the VO SQL Classes, but instead of using ODBC, they are using ADO.NET as underlying database layer. XSQL classes? That's new to me. Do you mean the SQL classes in XSharp ? If you look up SQLConnection{} in the help file it says ODBC. O...
by OhioJoe
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:43 am
Topic: DBF speed on shared drives
Replies: 6
Views: 2081

Re: DBF speed on shared drives

Wolfgang, I concur with your findings on terminal server (currently known as RDP or Remote Desktop). Under that setup all the processing is done on the server -- no network pipe except for the screen rendering. Which probably explains the performance advantage. One client has at least 50 login accou...
by OhioJoe
Tue May 09, 2023 2:32 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: VO error: Link failed!
Replies: 9
Views: 5185

VO error: Link failed!

Ba-da-BING!

That worked.

Thank you, Robert