Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:43 am
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: The future of ReportPro
Replies: 54
Views: 13934

The future of ReportPro

Hi Robert,

Further to my comments.
Is it possible to include a drill-down facility in RP?

Also, can we have global variables. That is variables that have scope across all sections and embedded reports?

Regards,
Tim
by TimothyS
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:23 am
Topic: The future of ReportPro
Replies: 54
Views: 13934

The future of ReportPro

<r>Yes please! RP3 is an awesome bit of kit. If some serious XSharp users are not using RP, they are wasting their lives away. It leaves Crystal for dead in most areas. With a bit of development it could dominate the reporting app market.<br/> <br/> 1. Your RP Version RP2[ ] RP3[X ]<br/> 2. Uses [ ]...
by TimothyS
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:47 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Source code control Xsharp . NET, C#.
Replies: 5
Views: 3122

Source code control Xsharp . NET, C#.

Hi Phil,
Been there, done that. Happy to help. The XSharp team has done a magnificent job.
Regards,
Tim
by TimothyS
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:52 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: DateSLE showing a blank calendar? How is this possible?
Replies: 11
Views: 2665

DateSLE showing a blank calendar? How is this possible?

<t>Hi Jonathan,<br/> An interesting problem and thanks for posting it. Haven't run into it yet, but having the answer sure beats all the depression and anxiety involved when something like this happens out of the blue.<br/> It is wonderful having the wisdom of Chris in moments like this.<br/> <br/> ...
by TimothyS
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:17 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Attempting to create web-based version of application with VS
Replies: 10
Views: 2537

Attempting to create web-based version of application with VS

<t>Hi Thomas,<br/> <br/> This is a big job. Have a look at the article Building Web apps - Danilo under Articles/User contributions. Danilo describes how to create a Web Forms app using XSharp code.<br/> I have used his advice and it works. BUT it is pretty much a rewrite.<br/> Putting your app on a...
by TimothyS
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:34 am
Topic: ReportPro 3.9 and sql table swap
Replies: 31
Views: 9906

ReportPro 3.9 and sql table swap

Hi.

I'm assuming you are using the DotNet RP3.
The function :
FUNCTION RP3SQLCALLBACK(nMode, uParam)

Should be able to do the trick. Docs are in the listofchanges.txt file. It may not be so straightforward with the VO version.

Regards,
Tim
by TimothyS
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:36 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: SQL Database choices
Replies: 15
Views: 2327

SQL Database choices

Firebird. It is free, bulletproof, easy to install, got stored procedures etc etc. A 2MB app called Flamerobin will give full database admin. We have 100s of sites running it without problems.
by TimothyS
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:39 am
Topic: Outlook 365 Problems
Views: 1802

Outlook 365 Problems

<t>Hi Guys,<br/> <br/> Thank you so much for your thoughts. In my app I have the option of SMTP, secure SMTP (port 587), implicit secure SMTP (port 465) and OLE connection to Outlook.<br/> <br/> The Outlook OLE object is instantiated as follows:<br/> oOutlook:=OLEAutoObject{"Outlook.Application"} <b...
by TimothyS
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:29 am
Topic: Outlook 365 Problems
Views: 1802

Outlook 365 Problems

<t>Hi Guys,<br/> <br/> I have been using OLE from X# to send emails through Outlook. This has worked really well for some years. It was originally done through VO.<br/> <br/> HOWEVER! It appears that Microsoft automatically updates Outlook 365. Since the latest update, the application emailing throu...
by TimothyS
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:33 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Mixing C# and X#
Replies: 19
Views: 2729

Mixing C# and X#

<t>I have been mixing X# and C# projects for some time now. The C# facility is useful for sample code for 3rd party interfaces. It saves having to translate to X#. C# is quite good, but it is hard to go past X# for flexibility and productivity. <br/> Usually, I will reference the C# projects from my...