You are welcome to participate in the XSharp newsgroups and forum.

When posting to the newsgroups and forums we ask you kindly to follow the rules that you can find here: https://www.xsharp.info/faq/39-xsharp-news-server-rules

XIDE plugin?

More
1 month 5 days ago #1 by Stefan Hirsch
Stefan Hirsch created the topic: XIDE plugin?
Hi Chris,

is it possible to write PlugIns for XIDE? In VO I had an build counter that was incremented at every compile run. Also the export file name was changed with build number in file name. I would like to implement something similar to XIDE.

Regards,
Stefan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #2 by Wolfgang Riedmann
Wolfgang Riedmann replied the topic: XIDE plugin?
Hi Stefan,

I have written a plugin for XIDE, you can download the sources here:

https://www.riedmann.it/download/XIDE_WR_Plugin.zip

This plugin has some useful functions, but not what you need.

The currently implemented functions are:

Wolfgang
Attachments:

More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #3 by Chris Pyrgas
Chris Pyrgas replied the topic: XIDE plugin?
Hi Stefan,

Please see Wolfgang's sample plugin to get you started with it. But in order to implement the features you want, I need to add support for them in the plugin system (fortunately it's easy).

So you need a callback that will be called in your plugin every time an app/library is compiled and another one when exporting. Do you mean when you export viaef/vipef files? Do you prefer to put a new command to do the export the way you like, or do you want to just intervene when exporting from the current procedure and modify the filename in the save dialog?

Chris

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Last Edit: 1 month 5 days ago by Chris Pyrgas.

More
1 month 5 days ago #4 by Stefan Hirsch
Stefan Hirsch replied the topic: XIDE plugin?
Hi Chris,

that sounds good.
A callback before compiling and one before exporting as viaef/vipef. At export I would like to change filename before SaveDialog.

Regards,
Stefan

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #5 by Stefan Hirsch
Stefan Hirsch replied the topic: XIDE plugin?
Hi Chris,

your methods are working, thanks.
After implementing my first ideas more ideas appear:
- I would like to zip the exported files. So a callback after export (also auto export) would be nice. Or maybe this could be implemented as option in Xide with file extension vipefx/viaefx.
- I would like to add menu items to context menu in project tree. I have not found any method how to do that although some methods names sound like it could be done. Maybe you can help out.
- I hacked a bit through the controls to get the currently selected app (Xide.PluginSystem.Application). From ProjectTreeView I get Xide.AppClass and then call Xide.PluginSystem.Application.__InternalCreate(app, TRUE) to create the Application object. It's working but looks not elegant. Maybe I missed something?

I will populate the plugin in chit-chat.

Regards,
Stefan