Welcome to the XSharp News Server and Forum

You are welcome to participate in the XSharp newsgroups and forum.

The XSharp News Server can be found at news.xsharp.info, port 119 (nntp). You can login with the user name XSharpUser and password X#Rulez!.
You can also post through the web interface. In that case you need to create a user account first.
The newsgroups and web interface are not synchronized yet. We are working on that.

When posting to the newsgroups and forums we ask you kindly to follow the rules that you can find here: https://www.xsharp.info/faq/39-xsharp-news-server-rules

Interface syntax ? - C# to X#

More
1 month 1 week ago #1 by Phil Hepburn
Phil Hepburn replied the topic: Interface syntax ? - C# to X#
Oh! - if live were only so simple ;-0)

Thanks Robert, I will do my best !

Phil.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2 by Robert van der Hulst
Robert van der Hulst replied the topic: Interface syntax ? - C# to X#

Phil Hepburn wrote: H
I will send to you directly a couple of things I discovered yesterday about the current VS integration. Not BIG issues but ones which should be addressed and corrected I feel, to improve the 'operation & look-feel' for others.

Please do not send them as images (with the exception of error dialogs of course), but as real text. That makes it much easier to reproduce the problems.

Robert

More
1 month 1 week ago #3 by Phil Hepburn
Frank,

... Agreed ...

Cheers,
Phil.
Wales, UK.

More
1 month 1 week ago #4 by Phil Hepburn
Hi and thanks Robert,

Yes, I understand, so the 'auto' is for an automatic backing field facility to be put in place - not just the 'get set' - makes sense as it is.

I will send to you directly a couple of things I discovered yesterday about the current VS integration. Not BIG issues but ones which should be addressed and corrected I feel, to improve the 'operation & look-feel' for others.

Power to my finger tips ! Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Phil.
Wales, UK.

More
1 month 1 week ago #5 by Frank Maraite
Frank Maraite replied the topic: Interface syntax ? - C# to X#
Phil,

an interface says something about how to access a member. The AUTO clause says how it is actually implemented. These are two diferent things.

Robert, I would not allow AUTO because it's mixing up things.

Frank

More
1 month 1 week ago #6 by Robert van der Hulst
Robert van der Hulst replied the topic: Interface syntax ? - C# to X#
Phil,

The Auto clause is used to declare a property with an AUTOmatic backing field. Interface members cannot have backing fields.
I guess we could make AUTO a synonym for GET SET but I personally thing the syntax is OK at this moment.

Robert

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds