- Created: 04 January 2019
In March 2019 we are organizing our first US event, where we would like to meet our customers and potential customers from the United States, Mexico and other countries around the world.
Since we are a small open source project and we have limited financial resources, we have chosen to organize this as a relatively low budget event. We have also chosen a location in the south of the US, so developers from Mexico and other Middle American countries are also able to come with a reasonable travel time.
The main audience for this event is existing Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET developers. However developers working with other XBase languages, such as XBase++ and Harbour, are also invited, there will be enough interesting information for you as well.
We will present the current state of the X# development and show how to migrate your apps from VO to .Net. We will also have time to explain some of the internals of the X# compiler and runtime and how you can use the new features in the product (generics, lambda expression, linq, scripting, multi threading etc) in your apps. We will also show you the support that we have for other dialects (such as XBase++ and Harbour).
Our partner QLAdmin from Austin has helped us to set up an event that will be both informative but also attractive. You have the chance to meet colleagues that create applications with the same tools, as well as enjoy presentations where we will demonstrate our new open source solution to help you move your applications forward towards .Net.
There will be some other interesting technical sessions as well.
This summit is structured to encourage open and facilitated face-to-face discussion and idea sharing amongst all attendees. Refreshments will be provided all day with scheduled lunch and snack breaks. You are also invited to join in the group activities to continue your informal networking and make new friends in the X# world.
The event will take place at the following hotel:
|Best Western Plus / Austin City Hotel |
2200 South IH-35
Austin, Texas 78704
• Near downtown Austin, with corner store nearby for snacks or forgotten items.
• Complimentary hearty breakfast buffet is included in room charge.
• Lounge features complimentary gourmet coffee machine, with drink/snack vending near meeting room.
• Free onsite parking and Google Fiber wifi throughout hotel.
• Hotel restaurant is open until 10pm, and the bar is open until 11pm.
• Rooms equipped with king beds, work space, mini-fridge, microwave, Keurig coffeemaker.
• 100% smoke free hotel environment.
- We have negotiated a special discounted hotel room price of $125 per person per day plus taxes (totaling $144) with complimentary breakfast buffet.
- Room are available from Tuesday, March 19th to Sunday, March 24th.
- All rooms must be reserved by February 15th, 2019 to receive the guaranteed rate.
- Early registrants can request courtyard/pool view rooms.
- For those extending their stay to enjoy Austin, either before or after the summit, we strongly encourage reservations be made as soon as possible to guarantee room availability.
- Please use the following link to reserve your room: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.44679.html?groupId=P32AI7Q8
- If you want to pay directly you can click here to pay through paypal
All X# Summit attendees are invited to each day’s group activity. If a guest is traveling with you to Austin, they are also welcome to join all activities. Kindly confirm your plans to attend so we can plan accordingly.
Wednesday - Welcome Reception
Our host QLAdmin Solutions will host a Welcome Reception in the hotel restaurant/bar from 5:00 to 6:30pm.
If you have arrived in Austin already, please join them for happy hour cocktails featuring Texas craft beers and liquors, along with appetizers of your choice. Become acquainted with fellow attendees from around the world and set the stage for a great summit experience!
Thursday - Dinner Excursion TBD
Join us Thursday evening, 6pm - 8pm for a special happy hour and dinner. More details will follow.
Friday - Lunch Excursion
After the summit adjourns Friday afternoon, attendees are invited out for an informal and casual lunch at Able’s on the Lake, located at Oyster Landing on lovely Lake Austin. Enjoy lake views and cool breezes on the deck while you relax and unwind after the summit. Transportation will be provided.