fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the XSharp forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sorting on Calculated fields, in Report Pro 2 and 3 ; and 32-bit vs 64-bit 22 Nov 2020 00:12 #16723

• xnetExplorer

• Topic Author

• Hi,

One more post, about the report writers:

1. Are these 32-bit? I'm getting an error (both Report Pro 2 and 3), when trying to load the sql drivers, specifically for Excel. I've had similar problems with other 32-bit report writers, because my desktop has the Access 64-bit Engine drivers loaded. It does have some 32-bit odbc drivers of course, but I can't install the official Access/Excel 32-bit drivers.

2. Is there a way to sort on calculated fields? So e.g. in the Excel spreadsheet source, there's an ID. The first 3 characters in that ID, are the abbreviation for the Agency associated with that ID.

Obviously, we can just add a field to the spreadsheet that contains the Agency. But I'm exploring the features and limits of these report writers, and just want to know if variables are usable in sorting & grouping.

T & R,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sorting on Calculated fields, in Report Pro 2 and 3 ; and 32-bit vs 64-bit 22 Nov 2020 06:14 #16724

• wriedmann

• Hello,
    since I don't use ReportPro myself, I cannot answer about the sorting.
    But both ReportPro versions are 32 bit because they rely on the VO GUI classes, and they are both 32 bit only (they use a lot of pointers and other not 64 bit ready code internally).
    Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Riedmann
    Meran, South Tyrol, Italy

www.riedmann.it - docs.xsharp.it

Sorting on Calculated fields, in Report Pro 2 and 3 ; and 32-bit vs 64-bit 22 Nov 2020 09:35 #16727

• xnetExplorer

• Topic Author

• Ok, I understand, thanks.

wriedmann wrote: Hello,
    since I don't use ReportPro myself, I cannot answer about the sorting.
    But both ReportPro versions are 32 bit because they rely on the VO GUI classes, and they are both 32 bit only (they use a lot of pointers and other not 64 bit ready code internally).
    Wolfgang

• Page: