fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please use this forum for suggestions to the XSharp Development Team
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Download handling

Download handling 3 years 4 months ago #1

  • FFF
  • FFF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 484
Guys, when one wants to d/l, you ask for Name/E-Mail to send a link to - even, when already logged in, what seems rather cumbersome ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Download handling 3 years 4 months ago #2

FFF,

We are using a Joomla Component (RSFiles) for the download system. I will see if I can disable this.
Thanks for the suggestion

Robert

FFF wrote: Guys, when one wants to d/l, you ask for Name/E-Mail to send a link to - even, when already logged in, what seems rather cumbersome ;-)

XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Download handling 3 years 4 months ago #3

FFF,

This has been fixed now.

Robert

FFF wrote: Guys, when one wants to d/l, you ask for Name/E-Mail to send a link to - even, when already logged in, what seems rather cumbersome ;-)

XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by robert.

Download handling 3 years 4 months ago #4

  • FFF
  • FFF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 484
Great - looking forward to the next download to test ;)

BTW, got the automatic e-mail for your post, followed into FF42, read the post. To answer, i clicked the "To answer Log in please" below your post - but the Link didn't result in any action. Checked, but no "no script" option blocked.

So had to go to "Home" to do this...

No problem, please tell me in time, when i start getting your nerves, mentioning this little things..

PS: when i'm "here", posting, it seems one can't log off from this page - or is it well hidden?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by FFF. Reason: Addition

Download handling 3 years 4 months ago #5

FFF,

No problem. Good to have suggestions.
I have added a separate login/logout form on the top of the page.
I have also fixed the issue (in the forum template) that the login link was not working.
Unfortunately logging in will then bring you back to the home page.
I cannot seem to prevent that.....


Robert


FFF wrote: Great - looking forward to the next download to test ;)

BTW, got the automatic e-mail for your post, followed into FF42, read the post. To answer, i clicked the "To answer Log in please" below your post - but the Link didn't result in any action. Checked, but no "no script" option blocked.

So had to go to "Home" to do this...

No problem, please tell me in time, when i start getting your nerves, mentioning this little things..

PS: when i'm "here", posting, it seems one can't log off from this page - or is it well hidden?

XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Download handling 3 years 3 months ago #6

  • FFF
  • FFF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 484

Robert wrote: FFF,

This has been fixed now.

Robert

FFF wrote: Guys, when one wants to d/l, you ask for Name/E-Mail to send a link to - even, when already logged in, what seems rather cumbersome ;-)

Robert,
just found the new downloads - but although the d/l page says: "This folder contains files visible for the general public. Some other files on this website are only visible when you login to the website first." - i have to go through the download-link game, even when logged in...
BTW, it would be nice to have a "get all" option. At least as long as these sample files are so small, never mind multiple downloading them ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by FFF.

Download handling 3 years 3 months ago #7

Fff

I will see what i can do.
But it will take a few weeks.
We will first make a move to a new server and add support for newsgroups (nntp).
After that i will look into this issue

Robert
/b]

FFF wrote:

Robert wrote: FFF,

This has been fixed now.

Robert

FFF wrote: Guys, when one wants to d/l, you ask for Name/E-Mail to send a link to - even, when already logged in, what seems rather cumbersome ;-)

Robert,
just found the new downloads - but although the d/l page says: "This folder contains files visible for the general public. Some other files on this website are only visible when you login to the website first." - i have to go through the download-link game, even when logged in...
BTW, it would be nice to have a "get all" option. At least as long as these sample files are so small, never mind multiple downloading them ;-)

XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Download handling 3 years 3 months ago #8

  • FFF
  • FFF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Posts: 484

Robert wrote: We will first make a move to a new server and add support for newsgroups (nntp).

Great news! Will happily return to use Agent :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1