fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Visual Objects

Please use this forum to post questions about Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to use an X# WPF program/screen in VO?

How to use an X# WPF program/screen in VO? 1 year 7 months ago #3124

ic2's Avatar Topic Author ic2 Offline Posts: 471
What would be the best way to show an X# WPF program/screen in VO?

We want to create a specific program based on one of the Syncfusion components. This will databind to life data and show a graphic representation. In VO a split screen shows all kind of information, like planning, bBrowsers, etc. We would like to show this WPF screen in a pane. I could imagine this to be a OLE object control in VO, but I have not directly an idea how to get an X# program running in it.

Can anyone share some ideas or code?

Dick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to use an X# WPF program/screen in VO? 1 year 7 months ago #3125

wriedmann's Avatar wriedmann Away Posts: 1549
Hi Dick,

indeed, that would be very useful!

I have done a quick search, but found nothing how to create a OLE control from a WPF window or control, but theoretically it should be possible (and would solve several problems for me).

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.riedmann.it - docs.xsharp.it

How to use an X# WPF program/screen in VO? 1 year 7 months ago #3138

ic2's Avatar Topic Author ic2 Offline Posts: 471
Hello Wolfgang,

I hope someone else has an idea. I don't think the VO program in which it should run is converted to X# anytime soon. An approach of slowly introducing whatever works better in .Net has more success and then we can gradually convert code. I do the same on the programs I maintain and (unfortunately) I still find working in VO so much more productive than in VS.

About what I have in mind: often an OLE control just shows a document, like a picture or a text file. But if I install PDF-Xchange viewer and allow showing PDF's in browsers, the OLE control actually shows the whole program (including it's menu I mean). For just showing a PDF document I would rather not see that, but it proves it should be possible what I (we) want. I am not sure where to start however.

Dick

How to use an X# WPF program/screen in VO? 1 year 7 months ago #3141

Hi Dick,

to display a PDF file in a control you can use Acrobat Reader (ok, seems to be a bit fat...).

About using a WPF control in a VO application I will try to find something because I would need that also for myself.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

How to use an X# WPF program/screen in VO? 1 year 7 months ago #3144

Hi Dick,

I have yet to try it, but I have found a sample for this:

https://www.codeguru.com/cpp/cpp/cpp_managed/nfc/article.php/c14589/Hosting-WPF-Content-in-an-MFC-Application.htm

Maybe I can build a sample later this week.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann

• Page: