fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Side-by-Side / DLL registration with manifest

Side-by-Side / DLL registration with manifest 9 months 2 weeks ago #1

It looks like I have successfully converted my last Vulcan program I was still using, to X#. First tests look good. I will install the new DLL on a customer's server to test further.

The biggest problem was that I had to register the DLL to be used from VO without the need for end users to register. I have created a new step by step document as using X# code (or any .Net language code, from the same project) from VO is in my opinion the easiest step to begin. I will enter it in the documentation project and announce it from here.

I wasn't sure about one thing so maybe someone can remind me. I have the following 3 lines in the Post build Event Comment Line of VS. I have to build twice, the first line with a REM(ark) before it the 2nd time.

Now my question is: when I add or change code and rebuild my DLL, do I always need to build twice (once without and once with REM)? Or can I now just keep it as it is, with REM in the 1st line?

It has been a long time ago that I changed something in the Vulcan lib, hence my question.

rem "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64\mt.exe" -managedassemblyname:$(TargetFileName) -nodependency -out:$(ProjectDir)\$(ProjectName).manifest
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64\mt.exe" -manifest "$(ProjectDir)\$(ProjectName).manifest" -outputresource:"$(TargetFileName)"
Copy "$(TargetDir)*.dll" "d:\SomeDirWithWriteRights"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Side-by-Side / DLL registration with manifest 9 months 2 weeks ago #2

• wriedmann
  • Away
Hi Dick,

I've done this all in XIDE, and it works like a charm, for different VO applications and with different X# modules, also more X# COM modules in a single VO application.

Please see here for a sample:

https://docs.xsharp.it/doku.php?id=com_module_sample

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.riedmann.it - docs.xsharp.it

Side-by-Side / DLL registration with manifest 9 months 2 weeks ago #3

There are a few differences with what I wrote, and I did it from VS. Maybe a good idea to send you what I wrote and you can add it, calling your article Create a COM module for a VO application in Vide and mine Create a COM module for a VO application in VS?

Dick

Side-by-Side / DLL registration with manifest 9 months 2 weeks ago #4

• wriedmann
  • Away
Hi Dick,

of course we should add also how to do it in Visual Studio.

Maybe doing it in XIDE it is a more manual proceeding, so it may have more details.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Side-by-Side / DLL registration with manifest 9 months 2 weeks ago #5

Hello Wolfgang,

Did you receive my mail with the 'How to" concerning Side by side/com with Visual Objects? Or do you prefer me to add it myself?

Dick

Side-by-Side / DLL registration with manifest 9 months 2 weeks ago #6

• wriedmann
  • Away
Hi Dick,

I haven't received nothing the last days.

But of course you can add it yourself, if you prefer.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann

• Page: