We use WCF to exchange data which we started after the excellent presentations Nick Friend gave on earlier Devshares. Several sites have the necessary (C#) server DLL, .svc file and adapted web.config installed while the Vulcan (soon to be X#) client is doing the actual exchange.
One of our sites was recently changed to https and the WCF stopped working. Changing the (parametrized) call to https did not solve it. In the web.config of that site we made 2 changes:
1 Within the behavior tag, we changed httpGetEnabled="true" to <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="false" httpsGetEnabled="true"/>
- which did not help and then added:
which did not help either.
Currently we reroute the WCF calls to one of the other non https sites but eventually these will by https as well so it would be nice if we get it working again with https as well.
Does anyone (probably Nick?) know what else needs to changed?
Thanks for your reply. I had most of these tags in my web.config already; I changed a few more which caused my website to stop working, put some back - it remains a bit trial & error but I don't see really critical differences between your & my web.config but nevertheless it doesn't work.
I assume this needs the changes also in Nick's link, which means changes in the server to which I don't have access as it is a shared server from an external hoster. I will probably keep one at least website running on http and call the service there.
I am not sure about this. But I've redirected my DLL to a website which is http and will remain that way. This will save me a lot of trial & error time and works fine. Also a secure connection just for running the service is not necessary so I leave it as it is.