I used the exact same Explorer project and the conversion is successful. However when I try to open the solution "Explorer.sln" in Visual Studio 2017, I get the error "Visual Studio cannot open project". I put a screenshot in the attachment.
In your tutorial is no mention of this error, what can I do to fix this so it works the same as the tutorial?
with Wolfgangs hint, my Xport ran, doubleclicking the sln opened my VS17 Community (albeit slooowly), with no errors, "run" started the example, clicking fileopen it crashed rightly, as i had ignored the Xporter's hint to copy my VN-runtime to the target folder...
EDIT: and hadn't added the path to the runtime in Xporters ini-file
@Wolfgang: the 1.2.1 i have from Fox d/l...
@Jelle: you should get you the 1.1.1 version from downloads.
i thought to have the corrected version - which is indeed so, but today i used the link from the startmenu, which still pointed to the old version, thx for the hint! - for the actual problem i did as Wolfgang said, and all was fine...
Edit: digging deeper, i have to say, this is a mess. The faulty exe shows in explorer properties as "Version 188.8.131.52" and shows this in the window caption when started.
The "corrected" one from 20.2. shows in properties 184.108.40.206 (!), the caption shows 220.127.116.11.
@Robert, Chris: my advice is SHORTEN the numbering scheme, and add some "automatics" to keep this info synced, doing by hand is to error prone