Welcome to the XSharp News Server and Forum

You are welcome to participate in the XSharp newsgroups and forum.

The XSharp News Server can be found at news.xsharp.info, port 119 (nntp). You can login with the user name XSharpUser and password X#Rulez!.
You can also post through the web interface. In that case you need to create a user account first.
The newsgroups and web interface are not synchronized yet. We are working on that.

When posting to the newsgroups and forums we ask you kindly to follow the rules that you can find here: https://www.xsharp.info/faq/39-xsharp-news-server-rules

Navigation fields of VS editor registered with XS

More
1 month 3 days ago #1 by Arne Ortlinghaus
Hi Robert,
yes, I meant the GUI editor. It is ok, we can wait.
Arne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago - 1 month 3 days ago #2 by Robert van der Hulst
Arne

If you can edit a GUI window at this moment, then you are probably using the Vulcan GUI editor, which will most likely not update the source code in your x# project.

Like Chris said, we are making progress with the VS integration. I have added support for Code Snippets, Fabrice has added support for the Navigation bar, Code Completion and collapsible regions in the editor.

At this moment we are merging the code and making some adjustments to make sure everything works smoothly. This included for example passing the dialect and project level defines to the background parser so the parser will be able to show you which code sections are included and excluded with conditional compilation.
Adding the VO compatible editors is next on our todo list for VS.

Btw: We now also have partial support for UDCs working. Most match and result markers are working, with the exception of the list and repeat markers.
All the examples that were discussed at this forum last week are working.

You can expect a new release around March 15 and then the next release short before the conference in Cologne.

Robert
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by Robert van der Hulst.

More
1 month 3 days ago #3 by Arne Ortlinghaus
Hi Chris,
this is very good. What we need is the Windows Editor for the VO GUI classes. I have seen that existing windows can be edited, but I still have to try how code is generated. What I have not found is how to add new windows.

Arne

More
1 month 3 days ago #4 by Chris Pyrgas
Hi Arne,

I hear from Robert and Fabrcice they are making good progress also on intelisense. I don't want to raise expectations too high, but I suspect that a first (good enough) version of it will be released in the FOX area much before April!

Chris

More
1 month 3 days ago #5 by Arne Ortlinghaus
Hi Chris,
yes, it is impressive, also your speed adding the missing features. At the beginning of November I could only compile small parts with X#, at the beginning of January nearly everything.

What is needed now, are enhancements regarding the VS integration. But if you can furnish them in April as according your roadmap, it's fine for us.

... and of course I must find the remaining errors in our dotnet compilation, I still hope that everything can be resolved without having to change to much at the beginning.

Arne

More
1 month 3 days ago #6 by Chris Pyrgas
Thank you for sharing this information Arne! Very, very impressive...

Chris

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds