fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

"NoMethod" late bound call bug? (B2.10 - X# runtime , Vulcan dialect) 28 Nov 2019 10:43 #12012

• Thomas

• Topic Author

• Hi All,

since version 2.0.8.1 there is a different behaviour with the "NoMethod" method in late bound calls compared to version 2.0.7 respectively Vulcan. The method name is not provided any more as first parameter.
    According to the Whatsnew-Documentation you did some changes to the "NoMethod" method in 2.0.8.0?
    For example:
    PUBLIC CLASS SomeXsClass
    	PUBLIC METHOD NoMethod()
                    LOCAL nParams := PCount() AS INT
    		LOCAL paramVal1 := _GETMPARAM(1) AS USUAL
    		RETURN paramVal1

FUNCTION Test()
            LOCAL cResult AS STRING
            LOCAL oSomeClass := SomeXsClass{} AS USUAL

cResult := oSomeClass:XXSomeMethod("Blablabla")  
            //cResult: "Blablabla", expected "XxSomeMethod"

Could you please check this?

Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"NoMethod" late bound call bug? (B2.10 - X# runtime , Vulcan dialect) 28 Nov 2019 10:50 #12013

• robert

• Thomas,

We changed this indeed. Vulcan had deviated from VO in this area. Vulcan added the method name to the parameters list.
    VO did not do that.

To retrieve the name of the method you have to call NoMethod() now (or check RuntimeState.NoMethod)

Robert
    XSharp Development Team
    The Netherlands

"NoMethod" late bound call bug? (B2.10 - X# runtime , Vulcan dialect) 28 Nov 2019 14:43 #12018

• Thomas

• Topic Author

• Hi Robert,

I understand...
    But please consider to keep the old and maybe "wrong" vulcan behaviour when using the vulcan-dialect in X#, as there is an existing codebase already running on vulcan!

Thomas

"NoMethod" late bound call bug? (B2.10 - X# runtime , Vulcan dialect) 28 Nov 2019 15:11 #12020

• robert

• Thomas,

Thomas wrote: But please consider to keep the old and maybe "wrong" vulcan behaviour when using the vulcan-dialect in X#, as there is an existing codebase already running on vulcan!

I will see if I can change the runtime code to include the method name when the current dialect is Vulcan and to not include the method name when the current dialect is any of the other dialects.

Robert
    XSharp Development Team
    The Netherlands

"NoMethod" late bound call bug? (B2.10 - X# runtime , Vulcan dialect) 28 Nov 2019 16:11 #12021

• Thomas

• Topic Author

• Robert, that would be great!

Thank you
    Thomas

• Page: