fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs" - X# public installer (win10)

Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs" - X# public installer (win10) 5 days 7 hours ago #11654

LG's Avatar Topic Author LG Offline Posts: 2
Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to install X# on my machine through the public installer and I keep getting this error (Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"). I've tried the 207, 208a and RC1 installers, but got the same error on all of them. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs" - X# public installer (win10) 5 days 3 hours ago #11663

Chris's Avatar Chris Offline Posts: 1459
Hi! A quick google search reveals that maybe this has to do with using a non-standard location for your user folder? Have you made any change in your windows settings regarding this? See some similar cases (with suggestions) for reference:

www.iliumsoft.com/support/article/AA-013...llet-on-a-Windows-PC
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...74-8168-11e101d37671
www.valentina-db.com/en/valentina-develo...er-constant-userdocs
www.unifiedremote.com/tutorials/how-to-f...er-constant-userdocs
XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu

Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs" - X# public installer (win10) 5 days 3 hours ago #11664

LG's Avatar Topic Author LG Offline Posts: 2
I have fixed the issue, it was related to a non-standard 'My Documents' folder location. Thank you for your reply though!

• Page: