Welcome to the XSharp News Server and Forum

You are welcome to participate in the XSharp newsgroups and forum.

The XSharp News Server can be found at news.xsharp.info, port 119 (nntp). You can login with the user name XSharpUser and password X#Rulez!.
You can also post through the web interface. In that case you need to create a user account first.
The newsgroups and web interface are not synchronized yet. We are working on that.

When posting to the newsgroups and forums we ask you kindly to follow the rules that you can find here: https://www.xsharp.info/faq/39-xsharp-news-server-rules

Managed DBF using X# language

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #1 by Dexter Z
Dexter Z created the topic: Managed DBF using X# language
Wazzup guys!

Been playing with X# using Managed Dbf and I'm loving it!

Managed Dbf

^ _^ Y
Kudos to X# Team
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Dexter Z.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #2 by Wolfgang Riedmann
Wolfgang Riedmann replied the topic: Managed DBF using X# language
Hi Dexter,

interesting project!

Wolfgang

More
1 week 3 days ago #3 by Dexter Z
Dexter Z replied the topic: Managed DBF using X# language
Thank you Sir Wolfgang,

I created this project because I'm missing the per record navigation and manipulation of data under managed world most of available database engine are using Dataset only fecthed from connected database using whatever query language :lol:

By using X# and Managed Dbf in VS it looks like programming in CLIPPER 5.3 C :) :) L

More
1 week 3 days ago #4 by Wolfgang Riedmann
Wolfgang Riedmann replied the topic: Managed DBF using X# language
Hi Dexter,

please don't the "Sir" here - we are all in the same boat....

You should have seen that here that there is a Vulcan RDD and that the devteam plans to write their own RDD.
RDD stays per "replaceable database driver" and was introduced by late versions of Clipper (AFAIK in v5) - and in fact it is the same record based database access like your "Managed DBF".

Hopefully earlier or later the development team will present an open source DBFCDX driver for X# - otherwise many people (including myself) will not be able to move their VO applications to the .NET platform.

Wolfgang

More
1 week 3 days ago #5 by Dexter Z
Dexter Z replied the topic: Managed DBF using X# language
[ Apology for the politeness -- can't break the habit :lol: ]

Hello Wolfgang,

I'm aware that there is Alaska++, Apollo, Harbour and of cource Vulcan.Net that is using their own DBFCDX driver in their database engine, but I haven't tried any of those, because I'm still contended using VFP at that time.

Your news just make my day, can't wait for that release, hopefully it breaks the DBF file size limitation of 2GIG ^_^ Y

Dexter Z