Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Share your code snippets, screen shots etc. here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello again - nice to be back !

Hello again - nice to be back ! 2 years 5 months ago #1

• Phil Hepburn
  • Phil Hepburn's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Pearl guys of the XSharp variety, I look forward to contributing.

I am just returning to coding after a 6 month break following the end of the xBase Conference in Cologne - Robert would call it a sabbatical, I called it a woodworking break to freshen my mind ;-0)

I am going to start my X# work with transferring over all my material I developed on LINQ in C# some couple of years back. I have been waiting to be able to make an xBase version for you, of this work, for what seems like an age. Now I seem to have the chance to make it stick in X#.

I will need help form the Team with the required syntax, and how to use anonymous types in X#. But since I have a lot of useful and working C# code we ought to get Roslyn to work in our favour. Well, that's the theory.

I look forward to helping out, and passing on such 'stuff' to my friends and colleagues. With luck I will have some nice material for Cologne 2017 - April 24th - 28th I believe.

Hope to see you all there.

Best Regards,
Phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello again - nice to be back ! 2 years 5 months ago #2

• wriedmann
  • Away
Hi Phil,

it is nice to "see" you here!

I don't think I can be helpful, as I'm too much a beginner, but Chris and Robert are doing a fantastic job here, and not only that: the development team is listening to us. There are several features in the language that were implemented on user request.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.riedmann.it - docs.xsharp.it

Hello again - nice to be back ! 2 years 5 months ago #3

Hi Phil,

welcome back! I'm very interested in your LINQ examples in X#.

Frank

Hello again - nice to be back ! 2 years 5 months ago #4

• Phil Hepburn
  • Phil Hepburn's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Frank and other friends,

Its also nice to be back, and coding again - a good hobby for the Autumn and Winter days ;-0)

However, my woodworking "out building" is new and well insulated - dry and warm - so I won't be giving up my woodworking exactly, just cutting back on it for a little while.

You may be interested to know that over four years ago I had completed many sections of a 'ClickStart' eVolume on LINQ with C# - and also covering database access to SQL and even going as far as Entities using EF.

I am now hoping to make all this development work available to xBase guys and XSharp folk via these News Group forums.

I hope over the coming months that you start to enjoy LINQ as mush as I now do.

Attached is an outline of the contents of my work-in-progress "ClickStartLINQ" eLearning site.

Cheers,
Phil.
Attachments:

• Page: