fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Hier wird Deutsch gesprochen
  • Page:

TOPIC: German conference / event

German conference / event 1 month 1 week ago #12731

robert's Avatar Topic Author robert Offline Posts: 1502
We are planning to do a conference / event in Germany end of this year (most likely in October). We are thinking of a small event with a single session room for 2 days. So a total of ~ 10 sessions and not too expensive. Something like between 300 - 600 euro for the event, excluding the hotel costs. We are thinking about a location in the middle or south of Germany so it is also not too far for attendees from Austria and Switzerland.
We will try to be there with 2 or more members of the X# devteam.

We have a couple of questions for you:
- Would you be interested to attend ?
- Would you be interested to help us organize such an event (especially with finding a location that has a session room and a hotel or similar accommodation) ? Our experience (like last year in Austin) is that it is much easier when a local helps to arrange these things
- Would you be interested to do a session at such an event. This could be about your experience with migrating to X# or about another interesting topic related to .Net development

I hope to hear more from you.

PS: since this is "das Deutsche Forum" it is OK to answer in Deutsch, "aber mein geschriebenes Deutsch ist nicht so gut"

On behalf of the Devteam,

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by robert.

German conference / event 1 month 1 week ago #12733

wriedmann's Avatar wriedmann Online Posts: 2123
Hi Robert,
first of all: that is a very good idea!
And you can count on me: I will be there, together with Andreas.
Maybe someone from the Italian community could also be interested to attend.
If you need some help: you can count on me.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy

www.riedmann.it - docs.xsharp.it

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12761

ArneOrtlinghaus's Avatar ArneOrtlinghaus Offline Posts: 148
I am also interested to come.

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12777

Hi Robert,
interesting that the first 3 registrations are from South Tyrol <g>, and not from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12784

AlessandroV's Avatar AlessandroV Offline Posts: 2
Good idea, i am interested too.

Alesasndro

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12800

mainhatten's Avatar mainhatten Offline Posts: 76

robert wrote: We are planning to do a conference / event in Germany end of this year (most likely in October). We have a couple of questions for you:

Yupp.

- Would you be interested to help us organize such an event (especially with finding a location that has a session room and a hotel or similar accommodation) ? Our experience (like last year in Austin) is that it is much easier when a local helps to arrange these things

If you need another pair of eyes to scout a location around Frankfurt or some last ditch local effort, count me in.
You probably heard about the string of foxpro conferences in Frankfurt from Tamar, Doug or one of the other regular speakers Rainer flew in for more than 20 years. I was only involved doing a few sessions (not my forte..) and sometimes picking up speakers at the airport, esp. those wishing for a "high-speed Autobahn expirience" driving down A5 to Darmstadt before driving up to conference site ;-)

Frankfurt is hard to beat when comparing travel convenience, but that is offset by duking it out with Munich for the highest price for about any given value level - that opinion was confirmed when visiting other conferences or similar meetups. If you or one of the others has an inside straight to a company with a session room in or near Frankurt: Go for it (or ask me to look the place over at least). In my expirience the sessions where room owner did not calculate session room (only) as a profit center the meetups worked much better - from sessions in otherwise empty rooms on weekends at Oracle in Langen to company rooms in Frankfurt/Niederrad for consecutive days from 14H - 22H. Rooms were definately not free, but cost was small usage fee plus ample amount for additional cleaning effort.
The Frankfurt vfp conference (up to 3.5 days, close to 500 attendees in best times, up to 6 parallell sessions) grew smaller every year while trying to stay in "normal" conference with accompanying hotel deals, but did not survive - even holding last conferences quite a few miles away from center at not-so-expensive locatons...

- Would you be interested to do a session at such an event. This could be about your experience with migrating to X# or about another interesting topic related to .Net development

Perhaps - again, my strengths are in other areas

regards

thomas

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12801

SHirsch's Avatar SHirsch Offline Posts: 145

Yes (maybe a second person)

- Would you be interested to help us organize such an event (especially with finding a location that has a session room and a hotel or similar accommodation) ?

I am living near Stuttgart. If that's the city of choice, I may help finding a location.

Yes, depends on interest.

Regards,
Stefan

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12802

FFF's Avatar FFF Away Posts: 832
All,
* what numbers are to be expected?
* do you really "need" a bigger city? Towns like Frankfurt, Stuttgart etc. have their pros, but IMHO mainly if you want/have strength left after 5 sessions in a row, to "go out" ;) For a two day event, i don't see the need...
Might help to keep cost down, so usually, more attendees ;)
Regards
Karl

Last edit: by FFF.

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12803

Hello,

it is more important to have a location that is easy to reach, and IMHO somewhere in Bavaria because easily to reach from Austria, Switzerland, the rest of Germany ( and of course from Northern Italy).
Maybe Nürnberg or Ingolstadt could be an option - if there is someone that can help in the organisation of the event.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12804

Well,
why Nürnberg or Ingolstadt? Both (relatively) big, both expensive.
My suggestion would be Memmingen - not because i'm there ;), but the combination of highway crossroad, railway crossroad and airport with a 45k town is rather unique...
Regards
Karl

German conference / event 1 month 6 days ago #12806

Hi Karl,

My suggestion would be Memmingen - not because i'm there

why not because you are there?
It is not my decision, but having someone there is a strong point.

Wolfgang
P.S. unfortunately the distance is too much for my car.... I would need a 2 hours recharging pause in the middle as I have no fast charging option <g> So I have to take the car of my wife....
Wolfgang Riedmann

German conference / event 1 month 5 days ago #12812

Bernhard Mayer's Avatar Bernhard Mayer Offline Posts: 23
Would be interested, too

BR,
Bernhard

German conference / event 1 month 5 days ago #12819

lorenzi@moduline.ch's Avatar Offline Posts: 35
I am intersted too.
Memmingen would also be perfect (less than one hour by car).

Markus

German conference / event 1 month 4 days ago #12842

robert wrote: We are planning to do a conference / event in Germany end of this year (most likely in October).

Watch your mail, sent some details i got today.
Regards
Karl

German conference / event 1 month 4 days ago #12846

mainhatten's Avatar mainhatten Offline Posts: 76

FFF wrote: My suggestion would be Memmingen - not because i'm there ;), but the combination of highway crossroad, railway crossroad and airport with a 45k town is rather unique...

Centering location to the medium travel distance makes sense. Back in vfp days we had probably a lesser percentage from Austria, Switzerland and Italy, even fewer from Netherlands and Denmark (Tore from Norway not counted: he did travel anywhere for vfp).
On East-West: vfp conference had more visitors from previous east block countries than France. No idea what the numbers on VO / Clipper devs were/are, but perhaps location easier to reach from Poland, Czechoslovakia or more southern former East block countries might tempt users from there, no idea how much prices are reduced to combat cross border offers, Language probably also less of a problem on that side.

But location on the map is secondary to location we will be sitting in: if you get a great deal in Memmingen or elsewhere in center or western Bavaria, people from the east probably will have no problem driving an H more if cost/value there is better.

my 0.02€
thomas

P.S. If someone is flying in via F for the occasion, contact me in advance..

Last edit: by mainhatten.

German conference / event 1 month 4 days ago #12847

Hello,
my current count (please correct me!) is:
Italy: 4
Germany: 3
Switzerland: 1
Austria: 1
Maybe we have to add The Netherlands (Robert), and maybe France (Fabrice?) or Greece (Nikos?).
So currently a location like Memmingen seems to make absolute sense.
It is strange that not more people seems to answers here! Maybe we need to do a bit of marketing, contacting other people we know they are interested.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann

German conference / event 1 month 4 days ago #12851

ecos's Avatar ecos Offline Posts: 15
One more from Germany (near Karlsruhe)

Karl

Last edit: by ecos.

German conference / event 1 month 4 days ago #12853

mainhatten wrote: But location on the map is secondary to location we will be sitting in: if you get a great deal in Memmingen or elsewhere in center or western Bavaria, people from the east probably will have no problem driving an H more if cost/value there is better.

Yes. BTW, just had a look, there are now 50 targest for summer flightplan of FMM announced:
Alghero, Alicante, Amman/, Antalya, Athen, Banja Luka, Barcelona, Belgrad, Brindisi, Bukarest, Chania, Chisinau/Moldawien, Cluj-Napoca/Rumänien , Dublin, Edinburgh, Faro/, Gjumri/Armenien, Heraklion, Hurghada/, Kyiv/Ukraine, Kutaisi/Georgien, Lissabon, Lviv/Ukraine, London-Stansted, Malaga, Marrakesch, Moskau, Nis/Serbien, Ohrid/Nordmazedonien, Palma de Mallorca, Palermo, Podgorica/Montenegro, Porto, Pristina/Kosovo, Rhodos, Sevilla, Sibiu/Rumänien, Skopje/Nordmazedonien, Sofia, Suceava/Rumänien, Tel Aviv, Temeswar, Thessaloniki, Tirana, Targu Mures/, Tuzla/Bosnien & Herzegowina, Varna/Bulgarien, Zadar, (Charter:, Calvi, Neapel)

Knew the airport grows, but hadn't expected as much ;)
Regards
Karl

German conference / event 1 month 3 days ago #12860

g.bunzel@domonet.de's Avatar Offline Posts: 15
... and one more from Germany (near Passau)

Gerhard

German conference / event 1 month 2 days ago #12897

lumberjack's Avatar lumberjack Offline Posts: 641
I think I have found the bug in my DDEngine, would love to come if I can afford it.

• Page:
Moderators: wriedmann