The download area on our website now has the binaries for ReportPro 2 and ReportPro 3 for VO and the Vulcan runtime.
If you have asked for access to these downloads before you should be able to see and download them.
If you can't download them, then please contact us with proof of purchase of ReportPro.
Update: Dec 10: The RP3 for VO binaries did not have the latest CMGUI203.DLL. This has been fixed.
We have just released XSharp "Anjou" Build 1.1 to our FOX subscribers and a public build as well.
This release has many changes. Some highlights:
- Fixed most problems reported by users
- Added support for a new /vo16 compiler option that will automatically generate VO compatible Clipper calling convention constructors for classes without constructor. The parameters names for these constructors will be copied from the constructor of the parent class
- Some keyword were giving problems when used as identifier or were not allowed as identifier. That has been fixed.
- Several improvements in the source code editor and intellisense
- The speed of the source code editor for large files has been improved
- Several changes to the CodeDom parser for the Windows forms editor to support code from 3rd party components as well as forms and (custom) controls defined in other projects inside the same solution
- Several changes to the VO Compatible editors
- We have added debugger support.
- We have added support for the Test Window and added 3 project templates for unit testing (Ms Test, XUnit and NUnit)
The build system
- We have fixed some problems in the xsproj files for Visual Studio and our build system
- We have fixed a problem when running MsBuild in 64bit mode
Please see the what's new document that comes with the product for the complete list of changes
You can download the installer from the downloads page on this website.
We have been in contact with the owners of ReportPro about support for the ReportPro product.
The owners have expressed their wish that the ReportPro customers should be supported properly, now and in the future.
As a result of these conversations we will from now on provide support to ReportPro customers.
This support will be integrated in the Friends Of XSharp (FOX) program.
- FOX subscribers will get bug fixes and/or patches for issues in ReportPro.
- FOX subscribers with a source code license will receive these bug fixes and/or patches in the form of source code changes and compiled binaries.
- FOX subscribers without a source code license will receive bug fixes and/or patches in the form of compiled binaries only.
- For non FOX subscribers the support will be available as a consultancy service.
- Proof of purchase of ReportPro is required for this support.
- Both the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET version of ReportPro will be supported.
- Both ReportPro 2 and ReportPro 3 will be supported.
- When the X# version of the runtime is available then ReportPro will be recompiled and changed to work with the X# runtime.
In the coming weeks we will prepare "current" builds of all ReportPro products (Rp2 and RP3 for VO 2.8 SP3 and VO 2.8 SP4, as well as for the Vulcan Runtime. Stay tuned for more information
Our message about supporting ReportPro has raised some questions, which we would like to answer here.
But before we do, let us please explain why we are doing this:
Many VO developers have applications that rely on 3rd party code. bBrowser, Vo2Ado and ReportPro are the most common ones. Apart from that there is RightSLE and the tools from Fabrice.
It will be difficult for VO developers to move forward if there is no solution for their 3rd party products. That is why we want to offer our help.
Here is what we have in mind:
- We have no intention to sell new licenses of Classmate (CM), ReportPro 2 (RP2) or ReportPro 3 (RP3). These products are "end of life".
- On top of that we cannot sell these products because the original copyright owners cannot transfer their rights anymore (for legal reasons that we cannot explain here).
- After the conversion of RP2, CM and RP3 from VO to Vulcan the copyright to the Vulcan version of these products has become very unclear: most of the copyright still belongs to original owners, part of it to DataSupport in Belgium who did the conversion to .NET and finally also GrafX claims copyright. This really has become a legal nightmare. We do not want to get involved in that.
- We want to encourage people to use other tools for new reporting. That is why we will only support existing customers. There are plenty other reporting tools for .Net applications. If you need help for this, ask around, for example on our forums.
- People that have a source code license of a version of RP2 or RP3 (proof of purchase required) will get support at the source code level. Of course we will also supply binaries.
We have just released a new 1.0.3 build of the compiler.
This build consist of a couple of replacement files for urgent problems that were found
after the release of X# 1.0.2, and adds a new feature to the compiler.
FOX subscribers can download the build from the download area on this website.