- Created: 07 August 2020
On Thursday August 13 at 16:00 CEST. we'll have an online demo about X# and future .Net versions (.Net Core and .Net 5)
In this session we'll demonstrate:
- How does X# compile and run against the various versions of the .Net Framework at this moment?
We'll look at both VS and XIDE.
- What will change for .Net Core and .Net 5?
- The build system for X# for .Net Core and .Net 5
- We'll demo how to create an X# .Net 5 /.Net core app in how to deploy it with its own copy of the runtime and as a single exe.
- Hopefully we'll also be able to demo an early version of the VS integration for .Net Core and .Net 5 (not sure yet, fingers crossed )
- What code changes are needed to compile for future .Net versions?
The idea of this session is not only to show that it works, but also to explain a bit about the background about building for various .Net versions.
The recording of this session can be found in our Youtube Channel: XSharp Academy