- Created: 15 March 2018
We are changing the system where our support tickets are managed.
This used to be a project on the plan.io website (xsharp.plan.io) but has been replaced by a system integrated with our website.
Registered users can access this system from the Contact - Manage Support Tickets menu option, or by clicking on the [Tickets] button on the top right of the window.
Registered users can also email their tickets to us by sending an email to .
Please send from the email address that is linked to your website account. Your tickets will then be automatically linked to your user profile on this website. Emails from "unknown" accounts will not be processed by the system.
- Created: 25 February 2018
Like the last two years we are also attending the XBase.Future conferenced, organized by our Partner Fischer and Consultants from Germany.
We hope to meet you all there.
There is an "early bird" discount for people that register before the end of this month, so register now.
We are working very hard to show you some exciting new things at this conference.
We will also present the new development roadmap for 2018 and beyond at this conference.
And yes, Robert will also show some picture there from his awesome trip to Antarctica
- Created: 24 February 2018
We have observed the usage of the news server and the forums on our website and we have come to the conclusion that most of you are using the forums on the website.
Originally we had planned to setup a synchronization task between the news server and forum, so you could choose the front end of your preference, but that appeared to be more complicated than we originally thought.
We have therefore decided to end the news server service and to focus on the forums only.
We know that some of you prefer the news server NNTP protocol over a webforum, because of the possibility to access information off-line.
We apologize for the inconvenience that this brings for you.
We are looking into a way to make forum messages available offline. That will be easier to implement than a two way synchronization between a news server and the forum.
As soon as we have more information about that we will let you know through the website.
This news server will be switched to Read-Only mode and will remain online for the coming months.
We will merge the existing messages on the appropriate forums on the webserver so the contents of these messages will not be lost.
New German and Italian Language forums
We have received requests to open a German and Italian language forum on this website. We have opened these new (public) forums today. These are public forums. To post to the forum you need to have a user account and login first.
The intention is to keep the conversations in these forums in the designated language. Threads in English will be moved to other forums.
Wolfgang Riedmann is going to help us to moderate these forums when needed.
- Created: 06 February 2018
Today, February 6, 2018, we have released build 1.1.2 of XSharp.
This is a maintenance release that fixes some bugs that were reported, especially in the Visual Studio integration and also in the compiler.
Some users experienced slowness in the editor. This build attempts to fix that. We have also made some changes to support some complicated forms in the Visual Studio Windows Forms editor.
This build is available for FOX subscribers from the downloads menu item on this website.
- Created: 12 December 2017
We have released an update for XSharp tonight. This update fixes some issues that were reported with the 1.1.0 version. The most significant changes are:
- Improved debugger breakpoint experience
- Fixed a problem with FOR ..NEXT with negative step values
- Some changes in the preprocessor
Visual Studio Integration
- Improved code parsing and code generation for the WPF and Windows form editor. As a result of that some more complex forms can now be opened without problems
- Classes generated by the VO compatible editor now include the PARTIAL modifier
This new version is available for download for both FOX subscribers as wel as the general public from the download pages on this website.
And finally the X# development team wishes you all the best for 2018.
- Created: 30 November 2017
The download area on our website now has the binaries for ReportPro 2 and ReportPro 3 for VO and the Vulcan runtime.
If you have asked for access to these downloads before you should be able to see and download them.
If you can't download them, then please contact us with proof of purchase of ReportPro.
Update: Dec 10: The RP3 for VO binaries did not have the latest CMGUI203.DLL. This has been fixed.
- Created: 18 November 2017
We have just released XSharp "Anjou" Build 1.1 to our FOX subscribers and a public build as well.
This release has many changes. Some highlights:
- Fixed most problems reported by users
- Added support for a new /vo16 compiler option that will automatically generate VO compatible Clipper calling convention constructors for classes without constructor. The parameters names for these constructors will be copied from the constructor of the parent class
- Some keyword were giving problems when used as identifier or were not allowed as identifier. That has been fixed.
- Several improvements in the source code editor and intellisense
- The speed of the source code editor for large files has been improved
- Several changes to the CodeDom parser for the Windows forms editor to support code from 3rd party components as well as forms and (custom) controls defined in other projects inside the same solution
- Several changes to the VO Compatible editors
- We have added debugger support.
- We have added support for the Test Window and added 3 project templates for unit testing (Ms Test, XUnit and NUnit)
The build system
- We have fixed some problems in the xsproj files for Visual Studio and our build system
- We have fixed a problem when running MsBuild in 64bit mode
Please see the what's new document that comes with the product for the complete list of changes
You can download the installer from the downloads page on this website.
- Created: 27 October 2017
Our message about supporting ReportPro has raised some questions, which we would like to answer here.
But before we do, let us please explain why we are doing this:
Many VO developers have applications that rely on 3rd party code. bBrowser, Vo2Ado and ReportPro are the most common ones. Apart from that there is RightSLE and the tools from Fabrice.
It will be difficult for VO developers to move forward if there is no solution for their 3rd party products. That is why we want to offer our help.
Here is what we have in mind:
- We have no intention to sell new licenses of Classmate (CM), ReportPro 2 (RP2) or ReportPro 3 (RP3). These products are "end of life".
- On top of that we cannot sell these products because the original copyright owners cannot transfer their rights anymore (for legal reasons that we cannot explain here).
- After the conversion of RP2, CM and RP3 from VO to Vulcan the copyright to the Vulcan version of these products has become very unclear: most of the copyright still belongs to original owners, part of it to DataSupport in Belgium who did the conversion to .NET and finally also GrafX claims copyright. This really has become a legal nightmare. We do not want to get involved in that.
- We want to encourage people to use other tools for new reporting. That is why we will only support existing customers. There are plenty other reporting tools for .Net applications. If you need help for this, ask around, for example on our forums.
- People that have a source code license of a version of RP2 or RP3 (proof of purchase required) will get support at the source code level. Of course we will also supply binaries.
- Created: 23 October 2017
We have been in contact with the owners of ReportPro about support for the ReportPro product.
The owners have expressed their wish that the ReportPro customers should be supported properly, now and in the future.
As a result of these conversations we will from now on provide support to ReportPro customers.
This support will be integrated in the Friends Of XSharp (FOX) program.
- FOX subscribers will get bug fixes and/or patches for issues in ReportPro.
- FOX subscribers with a source code license will receive these bug fixes and/or patches in the form of source code changes and compiled binaries.
- FOX subscribers without a source code license will receive bug fixes and/or patches in the form of compiled binaries only.
- For non FOX subscribers the support will be available as a consultancy service.
- Proof of purchase of ReportPro is required for this support.
- Both the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET version of ReportPro will be supported.
- Both ReportPro 2 and ReportPro 3 will be supported.
- When the X# version of the runtime is available then ReportPro will be recompiled and changed to work with the X# runtime.
In the coming weeks we will prepare "current" builds of all ReportPro products (Rp2 and RP3 for VO 2.8 SP3 and VO 2.8 SP4, as well as for the Vulcan Runtime. Stay tuned for more information