- Created: 05 October 2016
We have just uploaded new installers for XSharp Beta 7a.
The XPorter tool has also been updated and is included in the installer.
Changes sinces Beta 7:
- The compiler was not accepting wildcard strings for the AssemblyFileVersion Attribute and the AssemblyInformationVersion attribute. This has been fixed
- The #Pragma commands #Pragma Warnings(Push) and #Pragma Warnings(Pop) were not recognized. This has been fixed.
- The compiler was not recognizing expressions like global::System.String.Compare(..). This has been fixed
Visual Studio Integration
- Dependent items in subfolders of a project were not recognized properly and could produce an error when opening a project
- Fixed a problem in the VulcanApp Template
- The Windows Forms Editor would not open forms in a file without begin namespace .. end namespace. This has been fixed
- Source code comments between 'entities' in a source file is now properly saved and restored when the source is regenerated by the form editor
- Unnecessary blank lines in the generate source code are being suppressed
- The XPorter tool is now part of the Installation
- Comments after a line continuation character were not properly colored
- Changed the XSharp VS Editor Color scheme to make certain items easier to read
- New managed resource files would not be marked with the proper item type. As a result the resources would not be available at runtime. This has been fixed.
- The installer, exe files and documentation are now signed with a certificate
- Created: 16 October 2016
We have uploaded a new version of the compiler for our FOX subscribers to the Prerelease area on this website. This version fixes several issues that have been reported by our customers.
- Anonymous type members no longer have to be named. If you select a property as an anonymous type member then the same property name will be used for the anonymous type as well.
- Missing closing keywords (such as NEXT, ENDIF, ENDCASE and ENDDO) now produce better error message.
- We have started work on VO/Vulcan style of skipping arguments in the middle of a list of arguments.
VO/Vulcan style default parameters of xBase specific datatypes (such as SYMBOL or DATE literals) are not supported yet.
- IIF Expressions are now also allowed as Expression statement. The generated code will be the same as if an IF statement was used