by ic2
Thu May 16, 2024 10:55 am
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: forum & posting
Replies: 1
Views: 8

Re: forum & posting

Hello Karl,

I've had that at least twice since the latest changes. Now, before I submit, I select all my text and copy it to the clipboard, to be sure.

Dick
by ic2
Wed May 15, 2024 1:35 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Message sort order & earlier posts
Replies: 4
Views: 85

Re: Message sort order & earlier posts

Ah, thanks you both very much. The control panel is indeed well hidden, I see no menu option or button pointing to it. But that works now. And I earlier received a reply to use the search option from the hamburger menu but didn't realize to open the Forum link first to find the hamburger menu. With ...
by ic2
Wed May 15, 2024 10:53 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Message sort order & earlier posts
Views: 85

Message sort order & earlier posts

When I open a forum, I have to manually go down, select Descending and redisplay before I can see the latest messages first. I remember that this could be set in my profile as a default but I can't find it anymore. What do I miss? Also: sometimes it is very useful to browse earlier posts to find bac...
by ic2
Mon May 13, 2024 10:06 am
Forum: Deutsches Forum
Topic: Installationsroutine per InnoSetup für X# App
Views: 226

Re: Installationsroutine per InnoSetup für X# App

Hallo Franz,

Ein Innosetup-Skript kann gleich wie ein VO-Programm erstellt werden, mit den erforderlichen DLLs. Ich habe Inno-Setup-Skripte für VO-Programme mit einer mit X# erstellten DLL.

Dick
by ic2
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:49 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Vo 2.5 to x#
Replies: 6
Views: 300

Re: Vo 2.5 to x#

Hello Attia, Certainly VO is easier to develop in, although the last published version 2838 is far better than 2.5. You will mainly convert applications to X# to make them more future prove (in a decade, there are few VO developers but .Net developers knowing e.g. C# won't have much trouble with X#)...
by ic2
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 am
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31
Replies: 9
Views: 338

Re: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

Thank you very much for finding the cause. I am glad my conclusion that it was related to the size was correct. Yes I think indeed that large dbf's should work. After all, it did work in VO without that problem with the same large dbf.

I'll await your updated DLL!

Dick
by ic2
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:57 pm
Topic: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

Re: ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

Hello Robert, I may have some clue. The main dbf (the one on top of the section) contains millions of records. I wanted to empty it before sending it to you except for a handful of records and after I did, the report showed correctly in the X# ReportPro preview too, like it already did in the VO Rep...
by ic2
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 am

ReportPro 2.40 for X#: empty report while showing correct in VO ReportPro 2.31

There seem to be more issues with the X# ReportPro. I have a working report with an indexorder, no filter, a seek value defined as "62020007049000" and a while value, defined as left(Laadlos3.A6ritnr,13)=="2020007049000" These are valid values which I can find in the DBF. The VO ...
by ic2
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#
Replies: 43
Views: 2011

Re: Miscellaneous questions about converting VO code to X#

Hi Kees, Isn't it defined somewhere in the program? If you open the MEF Standard library of VO's System library, you'll find: DEFINE NULL_CODEBLOCK := CODEBLOCK(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_DATE := DATE(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_PTR := PTR(_CAST, 0L) DEFINE NULL_ARRAY := ARRAY(_CAST, 0L) // ARRAY() -> ARRAYN...
by ic2
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:24 pm
Topic: ReportPro (2) in ADS environment
Replies: 18
Views: 812

Re: ReportPro (2) in ADS environment

That's DBFCDX, in the properties. And no other RDD is set when running the report from the VO program. So that would mean that ReportPro doesn't use ADS and also that I still fail to understand why that works while dbMax fails to open a dbf in use by ads saying it is in exclusive use. PS: Note that ...